SAO Graduation Ceremonies
- Melbourne Convention Centre,
1 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf
(Click here for a map and directions)
- Glenferrie Hotel - very close to Swinburne (1 min walk!)
- Quest Apartments (1 min walk to Swinburne!)
- Amora Hotel Riverwalk - nice hotel in Richmond on the Yarra River, just a 15 minute tram ride from Swinburne.
- Richmond Hill Hotel - cheaper option in Richmond. Great location close to train and trams, about 15 minutes from Swinburne.
Swinburne graduation ceremonies are usually held in March and August/September of each year. Graduations are organised by the Registrar's Department and all eligible students will be contacted by the university. For details, please see the Graduation link in the Current Students (under 'Manage my course') website. (Note that international students can also graduate December. However, the late release of the Semester 2 final grades means that international students will generally no longer be able to graduate in December if they completed their studies in Semester 2.)
SAO and the Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing are within the Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology, so be sure to check the FSET (postgraduate) graduation ceremony dates.
Information on graduation ceremonies can be found here.
CAS staff usually attend the graduation ceremony. The SAO Coordinator will usually contact attendees prior to the event, in order to meet them after the ceremony.
Ceremonies are held at the Melbourne Convention Centre
For those of you from outside Melbourne, please note if you plan
to travel by public transport (e.g. train, tram) you will need to buy
a myki card (credit card size) and put money on the card prior to travelling.
The system is quite unfriendly, especially to people visiting Melbourne on
short stays (you cant pay for a fare on a tram or train at the time of travel). If you wish to
avoid delays on the day please visit:
- When possible, we will invite you and your guests to visit the Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing on the day of your graduation.
Should you be requiring local accommodation while in Melbourne, we suggest the following:
- For last minute bookings (up to 28 days in advance) that can give you reduced accommodation prices try