Willem van Straten
I am currently a Senior Lecturer in the
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences at
Auckland University of Technology, working in the
Institute for Radio Astronomy & Space Research.
My research interests include
- high-precision pulsar timing, pulsar timing arrays, and low-frequency
- radio polarimetry, single-pulse studies, and the pulsar emission mechanism;
- the galactic magnetic field and pulsar Faraday rotation measurement;
- interstellar scintillation and the cyclostationary statistics of
the electromagnetic radiation from pulsars;
- instrumentation and software, particularly digital signal processing
on multi-core architectures; and
- the exploitation of machine learning and autonomous agents in the search for new pulsars.
and Supplementary Material